Fireplace/chimney fire damages rural home
TURTLE TOWNSHIP - When Terry Blue let his dog out for the last time before going to bed Tuesday night he heard a roaring sound.
That’s when the Town of Turtle resident discovered there was a fire in his chimney that had spread into the log-sided single-story ranch-style house.
“I don’t know what started it, but it started somewhere in the fireplace and probably in between the fireplace and chimney on the outside wall,” said Tim Huffman, Town of Turtle fire chief.
Blue reported the fire at 11:03 p.m. Tuesday at his home, 11008 S. Reimer Road.
Upon arrival, Huffman said flames were visible 2 miles away.
For a full story, read Wednesday’s Gazette, read online in the Gazette’s E-Edition or check back at GazetteXtra.com.