What are Janesville’s best attributes?
Recently I sat down to talk with a local minister. We discussed ideas for rebuilding Janesville’s economy. One topic was just what makes Janesville unique and could be used as a focal point for redevelopment.
That got me to thinking more about this subject. Just what are Janesville’s best attributes or amenities? I quickly compiled the below list, in no particular order.
- The Rock River.
- Our plentiful labor force.
- A quality public school system that includes recent expansions/remodelings of the high schools.
- Higher education opportunities at UW-Rock County and Blackhawk Technical College.
- Rotary Botanical Gardens.
- The Lincoln-Tallman House Restorations.
- The Janesville Performing Arts Center.
- Our many parks.
- Our location along the Interstate and close proximity to Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
- Our Midwestern values.
How would you rank these? What’s missing from this list?